- River Heritage Conservancy, Inc. (RHC), a Southern Indiana based non-profit, was created by local business and philanthropic leaders and charged with bringing a fresh perspective and approach to the design, construction, and operation of new iconic public parks along the shore of the Ohio River in Southern Indiana.
- A 501 ©(3) organization, RHC will provide focused leadership in the creation, maintenance, and programming a new world-class linear public park system stretching along the Ohio River from Jeffersonville to New Albany, Indiana.
- A project of this scale and importance cannot exist in a vacuum or without partners. RHC, as a new non-profit, is committed to developing and building strong partnerships with local governments, citizens, businesses, and the philanthropic community to make great public park amenities and experiences possible. We can’t, and won’t, do this work alone. We will take leadership responsibility for its execution.
- We are building on the far-sighted work of the Ohio River Greenways Commission, the Friends of the Greenway, the US Army Corps of Engineers, the Indiana Department of Natural Resources, New Albany, Clarksville, and Jeffersonville that made the greenway connections and system of linear pathways possible. We look forward to partnering with them.
- RHC is a distinct entity from the Greenways Commission and the Friends of the Greenway.
- RHC will raise funds, private and public, for the development of the new park spaces and be responsible for the operations and programming of parks built by our team.
- Parks will be completed in phases.
- Property will be acquired to build new parks.
- Initially RHC is focused on creating the organizational capacity to take on a project of this magnitude. From this, we will next move into partnership development, master planning, fund development, and then construction. A rational, step-by-step process is being deployed.
- Funding has been provided by the local philanthropic community for this initial planning work. No taxpayer funds are being deployed to support River Heritage Inc.
- Budgets for construction and operations will be completed in the master planning process. We will fund raise and provide resources for both.
For common questions and answers for the River Heritage Conservancy, click here.
P. O. Box 486, Jeffersonville, IN 47131